Today I published an update to my 2010 article on John Henry Graham and Mary Matilda Bohannon.
- Updated the link to the National Archives regarding the 1890 census.
- Added images from the 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940 census.
- Added in the name of the day for all known dates.
- Added relationship between Mary Matilda Bohannon and Mary Elizabeth Leming.
- Added that John Henry Graham signed his mark as security on the marriage bond for Matilda’s brother, John Jasper Bohannon. Added also an image detail of the signatures.
- Added that John Jasper Graham may have been named for his uncle.
- Added that Matilda was apparently listed as a witness on the marriage certificate for her niece, Thelma Drucilla Melton. Added also an image detail.
- All images now have captions.
- Changed spelling of Daniel Graham’s middle name to conform to the John Henry Graham Family Group Sheet.
- Added link to obituary for John and Matilda’s grandson, Vernon Leroy Graham.
- Removed some of the explanation of the various spellings of Bohannon as it was beyond the focus of the article. I saved the text so it may reappear at some point, perhaps expanded into an article in its own right.
- Removed “Questions” section.
- Reformatted and expanded the “Sources” section and moved it to a second page.